10 Food Items For Healthy Immune System
A well-balanced diet is filled with healthy nutritious foods. It is your strongest defence against chronic and dangerous conditions. There are certain foods that are known immune system boosters. That means they help your body fight disease. Immune system is a complex system of cells, tissues and organs that defends itself from threats from the outside world. When any foreign body enters the body triggers an automatic, coordinated response to help you heal and produce an antibody. When your immune system is strong, your body is better prepared to fight off sickness. When your immune system is weaker, you are more likely to get sick. Immunotherapy is a treatment that triggers the body’s own immune system into attacking cancerous cells. Nutrient dense foods can impact well-being and help the body to be at its best.
The body’s immune system is like any other system of the body. Each of them have their vital function for the human host.
Some foods that are immune boosters-
- Fish oil – Omega 3 fatty acids are present in fish oil, it increases activity among white blood cells that fight infection.
- Leafy greens – Dark vegetables like spinach, kale and collard greens have high levels of vitamin C along with antioxidants and help fight infection.
- Berries – Berries are packed with vitamins and nutrients to give a boost that is needed.
- Nuts – Nuts like almonds and walnuts contain certain vitamins that help regulate and maintain the immune system.
- Spices – Spices have immune boosting properties to fight infection.
- Vitamin C rich foods – Oranges, grapefruits, tangerines, lemons, and limes contain high levels of vitamin C, that is thought to help fight infection by increasing white blood cells.
- Poultry – Poultry is high in vitamin B6, it can reduce inflammation and is needed for creation of new red blood cells and zinc, that increases production of white blood cells.
- Brightly coloured vegetables – Brightly colored vegetables such as red peppers have higher levels of vitamin c, and do good for the eyes and skin.
- Olive oil – olive oil is a healthy fat that is good for your heart and brain. It helps in reducing inflammation of the body.
- Yoghurt – Vitamin D may stimulate the immune system to help fight disease.
Surya Royal Homes is an accommodation blending timeless style and glam for an authentically created Bengaluru city paying guest experience. We have home like comforts of nutritious and ambrosial meals to lift up your mood, like it is said, ‘the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach’. You will get a king-size breakfast, lunch and dinner on time. Your food will be filled with the warmth of our hospitality and will be a well balanced diet. The stress faced for cleaning the rooms, laundry, washing utensils will be left for us, as your rent pays for everything.
Leave a Reply